Sunday, October 5, 2008

Last night we invited 6 of our couple friends (well, really 10, but Nicole is prego and VERY sick and Heather was not feeling well), and their kids for a night of Italian food and games. Everyone brought something to contribute to dinner and we had a feast! It was great, thanks to everyone!! Even to Mike and his bread 'sticks'! The boys got to watch some football for a while and the girls got to chit chat. We played 'Last Word', which was fun, but actually sort of difficult and then we played 'Buzz Word', which we ended up having a ton of laughs playing.
Ryan got to 'spend the night', as he calls it! The boys were both very excited when they both found out! They played and played and at about 10:45pm, we told them it was time for bed. They went to bed without complaints. Shane said his prayers, and the part that I found adorable was that when he ask for God's blessings, the first person he named was Ryan. :) Ryan had the cutest little smirk on his face!
At around 1:30am, I was awaken by talking.. I thought I was dreaming at first, but then I realized it was the boys.. I went into Shane's room to find the closet light on and the two of them reading books, playing with all the stuffed animals and looking through Shane's pins from DisneyWorld. Needless to say, I asked them to go to sleep!! They laid back down with no problem. At around 2:05am, I woke up hearing them again!! This time I nudged Jim and he went it there... I guess Ryan was telling Shane ghost stories! Lets just say that Shane is not as brave as Ryan is when it comes to 'scary' things! As soon as Shane saw Jim, he started crying! Well, after that there was no more waking up for me by little voices! Thank you Jim!
To my surprise, the boys and Kayla were up at 7:00am!!! They ate breakfast and sat on the couch watching George of the Jungle and that is when I took this picture, (taken with my cell phone since I have no clue where my camera is!) They look hypnotized don't they??

Ryan sleep over

4 comments:

Jodi said...

I love Italian food and games. Sounds fun. They do look hypnotized. They will probably all need naps today. LOL

Brandi Hatfield said...

Sounds fun. I love playng games. Brianna is all of a sudden scared of everything. I don't even know if trick or treating is going to be a success this year or not, so no ghost stories around here!

Anonymous said...

hahaha!!! Yeah, I'm at my mom's and Ry crashed on the way over! He was whipped!! We had a blast by the way. I'm ready for Mary Jo's "re-do" with real bread this time!

Rachel said...

I think my boys had the same look at the same time. I don't understand because I thought George of the Jungle was quite amusing this morning! :)