Saturday, October 11, 2008

Last night, Jim and I got to have some 'adult only' time. Lacy babysat the kids for us, and Jamie, Mark and I met up with Jim at Gomer's in Lee's Summit for their deck party. Sonja and Tim met us there a little later. They had wine, beer and mojito tasting areas, apart from everything under the sun you could get at a liquor store. There was a great band there also, and I can't remember the last night I had that much fun dancing.
Here are a few pictures I took and some Jamie took with her phone.

Gomer's 2 Gomer's 4 Gomer's 5 Gomer's 3

On the back of the delicious bottle of Riesling that we got, was this label. It was called NEXT. I really enjoyed the message on it so I took a picture.
Gomer's 1

For all of you who can't read the label since its a little blurry, here is what it reads:

Next: is a statement
Next: is a question
Next: reminds us that
We always stand at a crossroads,
that we are all poets, all philophers
the makers and keepers of our own dreams.
That we bring wine to our friends
that we might share both wine and words together
folded into a moment on the edge of the next.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG...I'm feeling the dancing today!! And the wine. LOL but I haven't had that much fun in YEARS!!! I'm glad you remembered that quote and had the picture cause I really wanted to remember that quote. What a good one!

Jodi said...

Glad you guys got to get out and have some fun.