Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Miss Kayla gave us a scare. A couple of days back, she got bit by a bug on her foot and she would not quit scratching it and complaining about how much it hurt. She woke up yesterday morning with this huge blister on her little foot where the bite had been. I didn't think anything about it at first, but I did find it odd. I brought it up to Jamie and told me to make sure that it wasn't a Recluse Spider bite because their bite turns into a blister. I had no knowledge of them, so I did a lot of research online. It is prime season for these little critters and they are one of 4 poisinous spiders.. GREAT! After looking at some photos online, I was freaking out. I saw way much more than I was hoping for and it really is very scary what can happen after a bite. So I called the doctor and of course, as calm as they always are, made me an appointment for today, and told me just look for any changes. I took her in there this morning, and the doctor said that she had been bitten alright, but reasured me that it was not by a Recluse spider bite which was a HUGE relief! Sometimes by scratching a bite too hard, it can blister. I just need to watch it and make sure that it doesn't get infected and within ten days it should be all healed. Thank GOD!
Sorry that the pic is a little gross.. but I wanted to put it on my blog.

October 2008 004

I also wanted to add this very cute picture of Kayla. It is funny how just a few days ago she was dressed up like Spiderman.. and here we are talking about how we thought she might have gotten bit by a spider!

October 2008 002

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and she's really losing her baby features and turning into such a beautiful little girl!!! (which is a natural transition when you're a beautiful baby!)I'm so glad it was nothing!!

Jodi said...

She makes a very pretty spiderman!!!