Sunday, September 28, 2008

This post is all about my little/big girl Kayla! About 3 days before Kayla turned 2, (which was on Sept 6th), I decided to try the potty 'challenge' again! I tried once earlier in the year, and she used the potty a few times, but quickly lost interest. This time it has really stuck! She has been wearing underwear at home all the time and wears pull ups when we go out and to bed, just in case! I have to say though, not one accident in over a week!! She is very conscious about going. I took a proud picture of her in her My Little Pony undies. In the background you can see the potty sitting in the corner of my living room.. I really think that was the trick! I think that not having to take her away from us or what she was doing completely helped her realize that she could go potty and go right back to what she was doing. Having a potty out in my living room is a small price to pay! Over the past 3 or 4 days, she has become all about using the big girl potty.. she runs in there and LOVES flushing the toilet! I am SO proud of her!!

September 2008 009

A few days ago, we took down the front side of her crib, so that it looked like a mini daybed. She cried a lot when I put her to bed the first night, she really seemed confused and out of place. She slept on it for the past few nights, getting up once in a while, but no thuds! I still have the video monitor in her room, so I watched her a few times during the night, and I last night when she was crying, I ran in there to find her shaking. She was so lost! I don't think she realizes that she can climb right back up on the bed. Today, we decided to just take down the crib completely and set up our spare daybed in her room. WHAT A CHANGE! She was excited about it from the beginning! She LOVES her big girl bed!! I can't wait to buy her new sheets and a new comforter!! So... maybe as a Christmas present! Here are some pictures of her!

September 2008 017

One last little thing about my Kayla. She loves to mow the grass... on Jim's shoulders that is! She sees him put on that green shirt that he wears every time he mows, and she runs to him and asks him to put her on his shoulder so she can mow too! And the best part is.. he does it! Once, Jim mowed our entire front and back yards and the neighbours with her on his shoulders! Ouch!!!

September 2008 013

2 comments:

Brandi Hatfield said...

The potty thing is a huge accomplishment, congrats!! They grow so fast.

Anonymous said...

Kayla is a very big girl!! I'm so proud of her! And that's great about her bed!! She was so scared for a bit! AND!!!! This is the funniest part!!!! I saw him out the window the other morning and said "Jim wears the same shirt every single time he mows!!"