Tuesday, July 1, 2008

What a gorgeous day we had today!! As part of our calendar of fun for the summer, it was the day to go to the zoo! Shane had been looking forward to this day for a long time! I invited Kelli and Kayla (our neighbors from next door) to come along with us and said jumped right on at the invite. We left at around 9:30am and off to the zoo we went. We had a wonderful time. Kelli and Kayla are such great helpers! They enjoy my children so much, and my children love them! They really are like brother and sisters!! We met up with quite a few moms and their kids.. we got separated after lunch, but I think it ended up being for the best because my kids wanted to move a little faster than the others! We saw lots of animals, got to pet a snake and Kelli, little Kayla and Shane even rode a camel! We had to take lots of shady breaks because the sun was really hot! We left the zoo at 2:30pm and got home around 3:00pm. I had mentioned to the kids while we were at the zoo that it would be a fun day for the pool. Well, they didn't forget that!! As soon as we got home, that is what they wanted to do! My only worry was that Kayla had taken no nap... but they all wanted to go, so off we went! We had the pool all to ourselves! The kids loved it! By the time we got back to our house and got changed, it was 5:15pm, so I finally laid Kayla down in hopes that she might be rested enough so we could all go watch Jim play volleyball. Well, she was still asleep when it was time to leave, so we stayed home. Shane went over to Ryan's to play so I thought that I was actually going to have some quiet time to myself! Boy was I wrong!! Jim called me at 7pm asking me if I could go sub at their game.. Lacy ran over here with the boys and babysat them and Kayla and off I went.. Their game was at 7:15pm and I left the house at 7:09pm!! I made it there right on time! It was a fun time. I had to run to the supermarket after that too.. what a day!! I can finally sit down and rest a bit.. its only 10:03pm!!!!
Here are some pics of the kids today.

June 2008 005 June 2008 006 June 2008 022 June 2008 031 June 2008 038 June 2008 041 June 2008 042

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeeze Louise that was a ton of strollers!! The kids all look so tan and summery!!

Jodi said...

Man I was worn out for you just reading that. Sounds fun though.