Monday, July 14, 2008

So we have been getting ready for our garage sale for about a week.. well, thinking about it for about a month, but really taking action in the last week so that we could have everything set up for this past Saturday. Its amazing how after having 2 garage sales last year, I still had enough stuff to sell this time around! As usual we had our early shoppers who were parked outside at 7:10am even though our signs stated our sale was from 8am to 2pm! We ended up with a lot of our sales during this early time. It ended up being a good thing because at around 10am, it started raining. We quickly moved everything inside the garage and all of a sudden, we had the most amount of people at our garage sale! I guess like to shop in the rain. We closed our doors at noon since the rain had picked up a lot more though. We didn't do much on Saturday afternoon/evening. We just ordered chinese food and hung out with the kids. It was a great relaxing time!

On Sunday we went to church and then met up with Brian and Nicole for a yummy lunch at Olive Garden. I am never dissapointed when I go there!! Then we ran to Babies R Us so that I could buy some baby shower gifts for a friend from church. By the time we got home it was 2:15pm and we needed to lay Kayla down in hopes that she would be rested enough to wake up around 3:45pm to go watch Jim play Softball. Jim left ahead of us and went to the game and I stayed behind to get the kids ready to go. We got there right at 4pm just to see all of our players sitting on the steps, sad looks on their faces.. the other team didn't show up!! Our team was ready to play!! But, I guess a win is a win! So... we took the kids to the park and then to get some ice cream.. VBS (Vacation Bible School) started last night and Shane gets to go again this year. I am helping out in the 2nd and 3rd graders room and it really was a lot of fun. Shane told me he had an "awesome" time.. I told him he has 4 more days of it and he was very excited!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Garage sales are surprising! There ARE those die hards!!!

Jodi said...

So did you sell everything this time? LOL. I love Olive Garden.