Thursday, July 24, 2008

So Jim's plan was to leave at 3am this morning... well, it was more like 1:15am! He could not sleep! We were in bed at 10pm, and I don't think he slept at all.. he was up and moving at 12:30am, and I asked him what was wrong, and he answered, "I am just going to leave now!" That had me so scared because he was going to drive 8 hrs to Indianapolis on NO sleep! So he left and I was up until 2:30am eating ice cream, nervous out of my mind, thinking about him and just praying that he would make it there safely. He got there bright and early and him and Jack got their camp all set up. Here is a pic he sent me of their home for the next 4 days!

Nascar 08 1

Tonight they got to go to the O'Reilley Raceway track tonight to watch to the USAC Midgets race. This is the track where they will get to watch the truck and Busch series over the next couple of night. Then on Sunday they get to go to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard. That is the BIG race!!

Nascar 08 2

The kids have been a handful today, but that is normal when Jim leaves! These two walk all over me! They got to take a super long bubble bath in my bath tub this afternoon and they absolutly loved that!!! I am hoping it made them a little tired!! Now we are sitting down, watching a movie and eating some popcorn. They are actually enjoying it quietly, so needless to say, SO AM I!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Their campsite looks very organized and homey! They've got a firepit, a trash can, tables, hillbilly horseshoes...what else could they possibly need?

Jodi said...

Hope he has a great time. I know how it is to have daddy gone and the kids going crazy.