Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It is official! I am an American Citizen!!
I got to take my Citizenship Oath today! That officially makes me an American! I am so happy, excited and relieved! It was a really nice ceremony! There were 48 other applicants from 28 different countries. I felt like I was in High School again! We had a few different speakers, took the Oath, said the Pledge of Allegiance and sang the National Anthem... at the end, they called us up on stage and gave us our Naturalization Certificates.

Jim took a few pictures of me with the kids. I really wanted these because they really are too young to understand how significant this was for me. Someday I can show them the pictures, and tell them they were there with me!

September 2008 049 September 2008 051

This is a picture that Jim took after I received my certificate. Kayla was on his lap, and made it difficult for him to take too many pictures during the ceremony.
September 2008 062

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting!! Just think, when the kids are learning about this subject in school, your kids will have heard it all first hand!! Congratulations to you!!!

Rachel said...

Congratulations on your citizenship!

Jodi said...

Congratulations!!!