Sunday, June 29, 2008

Saturday finally came, and after Shane counting many sleeps, it was the day of his Birthday Party! He was so excited this morning! Jim and I woke up early and started setting everything up for his party and were done just as our first guests had arrived. Everyone seemed to have a really fun time. We ended up with 16 kids and some parents who might as well have been counted as kids!! They enjoyed a day full of water! Water ballons, slip and slides, a sprinker, an inflatable pool with a little slide, a bouncer and a kiddie pool at the end of the slide on out swingset which we filled with water and ice!! We were a little worried this morning since it was really cloudy, but just at around 2:00pm (the time the party started), the clouds parted and the sun came out. (I am sure that little prayer had nothing to do with it! *wink*). The best part is that we had plenty of time for games and cake and ice cream.. just around 4:00pm, the wind really picked up and it was our cue to wrap things up. We let the kids enjoy the last of the water ballons and it lasted probably close to 15 minutes. Shane had a wonderful time.. I am really happy that we planned this for him and am very grateful to all who came to share it with us! Thanks again for helping us make it special for Shane!!

June 2008 - Shane's 5th Birthday 013

June 2008 - Shane's 5th Birthday 014

June 2008 - Shane's 5th Birthday 026

June 2008 - Shane's 5th Birthday 029

The kids all sang Shane Happy Birthday and enjoyed cupcakes and ice cream!
June 2008 - Shane's 5th Birthday 033

June 2008 - Shane's 5th Birthday 035

June 2008 - Shane's 5th Birthday 038

Then it was time to open gifts!!
June 2008 - Shane's 5th Birthday 041

When we were done cleaning up, we tied up all the ballons and wrote a little note that said, "My name is Shane and I let these balloons go on my 5th birthday. I'd like to know how far they go, so please respond by returning this note along with a story of where you found it." Jim included his work PO Box address. I guess we will have to see what happens!!

June 2008 - Shane's 5th Birthday 064

June 2008 - Shane's 5th Birthday 066

I wanted to end today's blog with an update of my birthday dinner.. all I have to say is YUMMY! It was so good! I ate foods yesterday that I hadn't eaten in years! I got to even drink Brasilian pop!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Looks so fun. What an awsome party. Glad it turned out so great.

Anonymous said...

I thought the party was a huge success! I'm so glad that Shane had a great time. I'm anxious to see if anyone responds to the note. What a fun idea!!