Monday, August 25, 2008

What a WONDERFUL weekend! Nicole, Rachel and I flew out at 8:55am on Friday morning and headed to San Antonio, TX for the "Living Proof Live" with Beth Moore. I was up at 4:00am and at Nicole's at 5:30am, ready to go!
We arrived in San Antonio and were eager to get to our hotel to rest for a bit and ready to get some yummy Mexican food in our bellies before our first big night with Beth! We were within walking distance from a Mexican restaurant which was right across the street from the hotel, and just another quick walk to the Alamodome, which made the few trips that we needed to make to it through out the day a breeze.

August 2008 002 August 2008 009

What also made things easier for us, is that we had a reserved "Siestas" area, so we didn't need to "fight" for seating since they were first come, first serve. Watching and praising with the Worship team was incredible.. they were amazing! And Beth, she is just adorable! It is amazing how that little woman can deliver such a powerful message and make it so easy for women to relate to. The lesson you ask?? INHERITANCE! We are ALL heirs and heiresses of God!

August 2008 020

On Saturday morning, we went back to the Alamodome for some more time with Beth Moore. Since we are Siestas, we got to spend an extra 1 1/2 with her and got to take group pictures with her and got to have a question and answer time.

August 2008 025 group picture

In the early evening, we went to visit the Alamo, and then Nicole and I went to the Riverwalk, while Rachel went to the Sietas PJ party. We were pretty tired of walking around, so at the Riverwalk mall, we found a spa place that gave this wonderful foot acupressure massage. Nicole and I were ALL over that!! We then grabbed some pizza and took it back to out hotel room and called it an evening.

August 2008 030 August 2008 038 August 2008 036

On Sunday we attended Oak Hills Church, where Max Lucado delivered the service's message. It was another great day! Our plane didn't leave San Antonio until 6:55pm, so we had plenty of time to walk around and shop at the Market Place before having to take the rental car back and heading to the airport.. it was a good thing we had plenty of time, because it started absolutely pouring down rain!

August 2008 049 August 2008 047

I didn't make it home till around 11:20pm, and Kayla and Jim were up waiting for me. Jim opened the garage door and when she saw me, she started running in place she was so excited. Shane didn't get to see me till the next morning, since he needed to get up and go to school the next morning. I missed them so much! It was great to have the time to myself, but I enjoy having my family around so much more.

I will add more pics soon. Rachel took some really good pics of the three of us with her long arms!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like such a great way to spend a weekend with the girls!! I LOVE Beth Moore. I really can relate to what she has to say. AND, surely you got more chips and salsa than THAT!!! hahaha!!

Rachel said...

You should be able to steal a few pictures from my blog! I'm going to try to upload a few more pictures of us, but I'm having trouble with my internet connection so I'm not sure when that will happen. I'll try to put them up tomorrow!