Sunday, August 3, 2008

It reached 92F today, with a heat index of 100F!! It was another HOT day! We spent most of the day inside again. We went to church this morning, and I always complain about how cold I am in there.. well, not today, it felt wonderful! And we had a great service.. I left there feeling recharged and ready for another week and as many more HOT days as God wants to give me!! As soon as we got in the car to come home, we cranked up the A/C as high and as cold as it would go! We came home and just hung around, watched the Nascar race while Kayla took a nap and Shane had his quiet time in our room watching cartoons. It was a cool and quiet afternoon!
At around 4pm we decided to go to the pool. It was still super hot outside, and Jim was a little afraid of the sun still being too hot.. but we still went! Good thing we did, because it felt really nice! The water was perfect.. somewhere between refreshing and bath water! Just really comfortable. There were quite a few people there, and it was great for the kids because they got to play with some other kids that they didn't really know in the neighbourhood.
I have mentioned a few times on my blog how well they are both swimming.. they really continue to improve daily!!

Here is a video I took of Shane swimming across the pool. Mind you now, he has had no real lessons and has pretty much taught himself everything he knows with a little parental coaching and encouraging!!


Untitled from Juliana Gallagher on Vimeo.

I have yet to take a good video of Kayla swimming, but I will.. she is doing great! Today she realized that she could float on her back.. she loved that!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CUTE!!! Did he not hold his nose??