Tuesday, August 19, 2008

1st Day of Kindergarten!!

So today was Shane's first day of Kindergarten. I got to go with him today and we were there from 9:15am till 10:30am. It was a nice, short introductory day. The parents had lots of forms to sign and the kids got to get acclimated with the classroom and their classmates. His teacher's name is Mrs. Davies, and she is very sweet. She went through everything on the handbook thoroughly and while the parents filed out the forms, read a nice story to the kids about going to Kindergarten. I took a lot of pictures of Shane today. I am feeling so many different emotions today.. happy, sad, proud, scared, and one that sort of took my by surprise.. OLDER! I turned 30 this year, but it really didn't hit me until I realized that my kids are growing up and getting older and in turn, I am getting older too! I do have to say though, that life has been getting better as I get older.. hopefully it will continue on that path!!

I took many pictures today.. you can tell by Shane's face on some of them that he thinks I took a few too many!!

August 2008 003 August 2008 004

August 2008 010 August 2008 002

August 2008 019 August 2008 013

August 2008 015 August 2008 017

4 comments:

Brian and Nicole said...

That looks like so much fun, he looks so old. My favorite pic is the one at the table with "the look" of Mom enough!
Nicole

Anonymous said...

I like that one too! I also like the one of the three of you. I think a day to acclimate is a great idea!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! she dressed the twins the SAME????? Bet the teacher loooooooves her.

Juliana said...

LOL, you noticed that! I bet you she does it ALL yr round!