Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend!

What a fun Memorial Day weekend we had! The weather was wonderful and it was impossible not to want to spend time outside the house! We took the kids to breakfast Saturday morning, and then headed off to the $1 flip flop day sale at Old Navy.. can you say "will never do that again?!".. yea.. 'will never do that again'!! As soon as we walked into the mall, we saw a mob of people standing in front of the store.. Jim grabbed Shane and I grabbed Kayla and off we went in search of flip flops! We grabbed our 10 pair limit (5 pair per buying customer), and quickly found the check out line.. this line split about 4 ways and of course, there were "the cutters"! I mean really?! WHY!? I know, I know.. some people are thinking WHY would you first of all waste your time on $1 flip flops and they are $2.50 at regular price?!? MY point is, we should ALL be civil and be able to get flip flops for $1.. all we need to do is to be patient and wait! Some people just don't get it!! I was VERY lucky Jim was with me.. what a saint!!

Shane and Kayla at Bob Evans.. they just looked so darn cute I HAD to take a picture!
May 2009 002

Of course we HAD to stop for a quick visit at the pet store.. memorable as usual.. this time NOT because we saw a cute little puppy we drooled over, but because Shane hands me this little hamster he likes and the little guy PEES on me!! hmmm.. yea.. that quickly made me reconsider getting one for Shane (for his birthday)... Guess I just would have to leave the holding to someone else!
We left the mall and we swung by Costco for some lunch and pool goggles and then headed home to spend the afternoon at the pool. Our subdivision pool opened back up this weekend and of course, we HAD to be there!

Here is a photo of Kayla in front of my potted flowers!
May 2009 013

Jim and the kids at the pool!
May 2009 006 May 2009 012

On Sunday we headed to church in the morning, then went out to lunch and ran to Home Depot to pick up the rest of the flowers we needed for the pots and some mulch. We spent most of the afternoon outside in the yard the and kids enjoyed playing outside. We also helped Leeanne (our next door neighbour) do a little landscaping on her yard as well. It got dark before we could finish, so Jim helped her finish it up this morning. It looks really nice! My husband has such a green thumb! I LOVE it!!

Today the kids and I hung around the house and I did some cleaning and laundry while Jim was outside helping Leeanne. Then we headed off to a wonderful lunch at Brian and Nicole's. A great time as usual!
It has been a long weekend! The kids all needed some quiet time and a nap! Oh yea.. and so did Jim!! Everyone but me napped today.. that NEVER happens!

152447

1 comment:

Brian and Nicole said...

About the nap, the same happened here, everyone napped but me, but I did get some nice quiet time!